Monday, November 22, 2010

Waiting and fading and floating away

Three films that I simply cannot wait to see:

127 hours

Just watching the trailer for this film is enough to make me well up. Based on the true story of Aron Ralston, a hiker who got trapped when a falling boulder left him pinned to a canyon wall. I suppose it just shows that sometimes the best stories are things that happen every day. It's out in the UK January 7th.


Tangled

Rapunzel was one of my favourite stories as a child. The idea of a girl with hair so long it could reach the bottom of the tower; just seemed magical. And, believe it or not, I really like Mandy Moore. I think she's one of the few singer/actresses who are actually good at both. I'll have to wait till January 28th for this guilty pleasure.


Sucker Punch

I didn't like Watchmen. I hated 300. But this film has me genuinely excited (and not just because they use Led Zeppelin and Silversun Pickups in the trailer). The story of Babydoll, a young girl with a horrific past, who must enter the world of her imagination in order to escape the mental institute she's trapped within. Imaginative, visually stunning and highly engaging. This one's out in the UK March 25th.

No comments: