Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm Miss Nothing, I'm Miss Everything

I really miss it. Even though it was three weeks ago now. As the summer dwindles away (and it wasn't really much of a summer) all I have to do is listen to Band of Skulls or The Drums and close my eyes and it feels like I'm still there. Le sigh.

This year was the year of the brownie for myself. The very nice people at this stall were selling homemade cakes and hot beverages and I kept going back for a nice brew and a brownie to consume whilst watching a band. Really, I think that's what my heaven would be like: nice cuppa tea and great live bands.

Highlights of the weekend:

- Frank Turner (he played new material!!!)
- The Drums (waited most of Saturday to see them and Jonny did not disappoint with his mad dancing skillz)
- Hadouken! (always a crowd pleaser)
- Arcade Fire (they absolutely blew me away. The crowd was small, ridiculously so, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Spent the entire set dancing and stomping my wellingtons)
- The Goldheart Assembly (first thing Saturday morning, a very nice, tidy set. And they're supporting WAS in November!)
- Adam Green (the only highlight of Sunday; he was his usual boisterous self, blowing many kisses)
- 3OH3! (can't quite explain this one, but credit where credit is due, they were great)
and
- WEEZER (one of only two bands we saw on the main stage. Loved every second - just as epic as I'd imagined)

It was a good year. Hardly any rain; plenty sunshine, but very cold. Saw 28 bands in three days (full sets) and that's a job well done in my book and was at the front for Frank (mission accomplished). Oh Leeds, how I love thee.
.

2 comments:

cath_skinny said...

I love Leeds too! Frank Friday was epic.

Oh, and I love how despite the fact that you evidently tried to cut it off, you can still see that couple who were getting to know each other a bit better on picture number three.

Love you lots xxx

silverpistola said...

Ha ha ha! God, bet she regretted THAT by saturday morning!