Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tinted Glass

Is it just me, or is anyone else finding the weather just a touch... apocalyptic?

The press of the air, the eerie darkness combined with the sticky heat... it all makes me feel just a little bit edgy.

Toni posted an interesting blog yesterday. I like it when people ask questions in their blogs, gives me something to say!

1) If you could swap lives with a friend (still be you with your own particular skills, interests and personality but get rid of all your own problems and have theirs instead) would you?

No. Of course, it would be incredibly tempting. When things are going badly, it's so easy to assume that everyone has it better than you. But people are good at putting up facades - everyone's hurting about something, some are just better at hiding it than others. I don't believe the grass is greener on the other side.

2) If you could tell someone something with complete immunity from the consequences, what would it be and to who?

If I answered that, surely I wouldn't be able to erase the answer from all your minds! I would tell my best friend why I'm such a headcase lately. But, of course, those kinds of things should be explained face to face.

3) If you could remove one bodily function from your life, you'll never need to do it again, what would it be?

Sweating. Definitely sweating.

4) If you could remove one person from your life, so you'll never have to deal with them directly or deal with the consequences of their actions, who would it be and why?

If I remove them, will I have no memory of them ever existing? If so, then the list is endless.

5) What makes you most angry?

The people I love. By caring for people, you open yourself up to them, giving them the means to hurt you like no one else can. Whether they meant to hurt me or not, every tear I've shed in the last year has been because of someone I love.

No comments: