Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Am What I Am

Hmm, Toni continues to give me interesting blog topics. She posted about books and I found her answers thoroughly interesting. But the truth is, I hardly ever read grown up books. I'm 22 and they still bore me whenever I attempt to read them (with a few special exceptions).

But I write YA, so it makes sense that I'd read YA. Right?

One Book That Changed Your Life:
'Speak' by Laurie Halse Anderson. This book made me realise that writers have no rules. You tell the story at your own pace. You hold the secrets like cards to your chest, throwing down your ace when the time is right for you.

One Book You’d Wish You’d Written:
'Valiant' by Holly Black - it's as beautiful as a rainbow in an oil slick.

One Book You Have To Read More Than Once:

'Just Listen' by Sarah Dessen. I read this book once a year, sometimes more. I don't ever skip ahead, reading from start to finish. It makes me cry, laugh, smile, cringe, flinch and gasp every time. Magic.

One Book That Made You Cry:
'Dreamland' by Sarah Dessen. Her books always make me cry, but that one is the saddest.

One Book You’d Want On A Desert Island:
Peter Pan! Can I have some fairy dust too? I already got some happy thoughts :)

Two Books That Made You Laugh:
Well, any book by Meg Cabot (she has written many) and 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist'

Two Books You Are Currently Reading:
I'm just about to finish 'Dreaming of Amelia' by Jaclyn Moriarty. It's been a bit of a disappointment in comparison to the rest of her wonderful books. And 'Summer' the third book in the Beautiful Dead series by Eden Maguire. I don't really rate this series of books, but I started so I feel compelled to finish. Ridiculous, eh?

One Book You’ve Been Meaning To Read:
I'm burning up the books lately and next on my list is either 'Fallen' by Lauren Kate or 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green; whichever Amazon sends first.

No comments: