Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Reaction To...

The Glastonbury Line-Up

Last year I remember seething with envy of all those trendy fuckers making their way to Glasto. My brother included. We have a year-long discussion about our respective festivals (I've been a Leeds slut longer than he's been a Glasto gigolo though). But we always come to a sticking point - he says Glasto is better because it's not commercial, I say Leeds is better because it's music-centric.

I reccommended a ton of bands for Rob to see last year (top of the list being Frank Turner and Scott Matthews). He saw none. Well, none I told him to. I don't know what the fuck he was doing instead (or maybe I do *le sigh*) but count me out of any festival which isn't all about the music. I don't want any distractions - just 36 hours of constant live music across three days (and some decent weather maybe?)

So I find myself a little smug as I peruse the Glasto line-up. Yes, Frank is playing, but they've stuck him on a shitty little stage early on and he's not even taking the band (no Tarrant!?). And Archie Bronson are playing, but I've already seen them this year. Yes, Laura Marling and Beach House, Muse and Seasick Steve...

But look at all that shit! Snoop Dog! Scissor Sisters! Jack Johnson! Shit, shit, shit. It's like eating a prime rib with a tin of 12p beans.

Patchy. And that's being kind.


Nope, I'm happy to say I'm going to the right festy for me this year. Even if the stupid fuckers have put Mystery Jets on FRANK FRIDAY. I'll get over it, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are everything you hate in others.