Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Blogoversary To Me!

Yep, five years ago today I got sick of the sea of negativity that was my old livejournal and a new era of blogging was born.

So time for a moment of honesty - I've been neglecting you lately. With my blogoversary coming up I've been thinking about my blog all weekend (*insert comment about having no life here*). And I'm ready to make a big shake up. Yep, keep your eyes on this spot. Change is afoot my lovelies.


Can I tell you about my Monday? I realise I bore you all with my job a lot. But it's a big deal for me since it takes up a significant slice of my life and is the priority of my existence right now.

Today I realised the true value of acceptance. I didn't really tell anyone, but I spent four months in abject misery on my old dept. I felt ignored and invisible. The only person who ever really talked to me was Dorotha (and for that I will always be eternally grateful). It was enough to have me close to tears some nights as I caught the train home and smiled and lied to my parents about just how stellar things were going at work.

Now I have friends. I come into work and people smile at me. They want to know how my weekend was. We chat in the work lulls. Everyone is so ridiculously nice to me. Today the girls waited for me so we could all clock off together. And it was the moment when I truly felt accepted and realised that right now... I'm happy.

My life isn't the way I expected it to be. And there are still some things missing. I miss my friends ridiculously. I still haven't mastered going to bed before 1am. And I'm far too indulgent and silly with my cash. Plus it might be nice to find someone to share this happiness with.

But I'm happy. And that's enough for me right now. It's all gravy.

1 comment:

Little Newman said...

Happy Blogoversary to you, and I am glad that work is no longer an unenjoyable put of something akin to hellfire and brimstone for you... :)
xxx