Sunday, March 21, 2010

We Make Plans For Everything

Life seems to speed up when Vic comes home. She's very good at setting things in motion. And Dan is always happy to spend as much time doing pretty much anything with the group.

But there's always one thing that we plan to do that never gets fulfilled.

This week is my week off as you may have noticed, ahem, from my Twitter. And I have plans. But I'm also happy to not have plans. To do a little bit of nothing. I don't mean to sound self-pitying, but I don't have a lot of time to do nothing these days.

I'm on the move a lot. I get home (on the nights when I'm not going straight to the stadium) and there's everything to do: my washing, my blogging, my hair, a phonecall or two... I'm happier than I've been in years. I'm useful, I'm busy and I'm rich (not really!). But I miss the lie-ins, the long afternoons spent outside with my rabbit or inside watching films or on the wii.

I think a week of nothing will do me a lot of good :)

That being said, the commute is something I'll miss this week. I get a lot of writing and reading done en route (I've just started a Bill Bryson which has me tittering away to myself on the train). The ridiculous thing is, I'll probably still end up going into Manchester three or four times! I just can't keep away!

1 comment:

flowery mug said...

http://www.frontarmy.co.uk/news/win-hadouken-for-your-house-party/

Hell yeah!