Friday, January 22, 2010

You're In The Driver's Seat And You Can Barely Steer It

We all carve out our own place in the world. It's a tiny niche that's so intricately detailed and specific that only we can fit into it. So when someone tries to squeeze into a place made for you... it's easy to become a little territorial.

But no one can ever become you. Or, more importantly, replace you. Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm writing this more to myself that anyone else.

Deep breath. And now relax.

I too have hollowed out a place in the world for me. Maybe right now part of it is only temporary and I'll be required to rennovate eventually. But it's working for me right now. Wanna see?


I am:
- Humming a tune unconsciously. I apologise if it's annoying you, I really can't help it
- Always armed with a pen. And generally there's a notebook somewhere on my personage too
- Taking the steps instead of the escalator
- Photographing every beautiful piece of my world armed with my scratched up little camera
- Brave enough to speak to a (in my world anyway) celebrity drummer
- The girl who once dried in excess of 1200 plates in the space of 2 hours without breaking a sweat (there are witnesses)
- A world champion folder of long-sleeve t-shirts
- A Pistola

And there may be other awesome Kitchen Porters (there are) or obsessive writers out there... but there's only one Pistola.

So take a deep breath. Relax.

No comments: