Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Truth About Forever

When I was in High School I was never happy unless I was in love. So I guess I was always happy? These days I'm content not to be obsessing over some stupid boy. I spent a year becoming infatuated with boys I didn't really like, kissing frogs and getting in with the wrong crowd.

I'm not trying to say I'm off boys. But I'm happy to wait.

Still, there are moments when you remember what it was like to be intoxicated by another person. It's hard not to be in love with being in love. And teenage infatuation is a strong force. It can take you to dizzying heights and miserable lows. Plus it's all too easy to get over since it was never real. Perfect really.

Since I've never really been in love, I wonder if I'll know when it happens? My faith in love has taken some real tough blows of late. I just want to know that it's possible for two people to love each other forever. If it isn't, I might not bother.

No comments: