Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Beautiful Family


I don't censor my blog, but I tend to ommit my family. Maybe for their protection, I guess, or just because they are mine.

We went to my cuz's wedding yesterday and the Ellisons all cleaned up rather nicely. It wasn't the most eventful wedding, but it was a good reminder of how special my family are. We aren't in an out of each others lives loads, but we all have a pretty good measure of each other. And there's love. Not the obvious kind, but it's there in abundance if you look hard enough. Sometimes you just happen to glance it in the simplest of gestures.

Family are so precious.

1 comment:

Baroque Pop Radio said...

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck