Friday, August 21, 2009

Edible Glitter

I have returned to you my darlings.

A little redder, a little happier, a little poorer and a little more talkative.

What is is that Juno says? "I never realize how much I like being home unless I've been somewhere really different for a while." I'm feeling this sentiment right now. I've got a few days to recover, promise my boss I'm only going away for one more weekend I swear, see my cuz get married tomorrow and pray, pray, pray that my Reuben package will arrive before the ultimate highlight of my year LEEDS FEST!!!

So Scarborough... well it was eventful to say the least. It's easy to forget how you love the wind in your hair and the sand under your feet. I met some lovely people, had one of the most incredible nights of my life, ate the best cupcakes I've ever tasted and probed and prodded Queen G into unleashing some info on my beloved Grandpa.

I couldn't stop listening to Bon Iver either. How weird is that? He must be beach music.

But I come back and everyone's been posting scary things!!!

Number 7 - Make An Effort to be More Honest

I won't bore you with the details. Needless to say I sent some letters whilst I was away. And it was really scary cause once you drop that damn letter in the postbox it's gone and there is no way to snatch back the words you've just wrote.

Scary.

Just some advice - letters are a strange method of communication. But I like them because whoever you're writing to can't interrupt you and you have all the time in the world to think of the perfect way to phrase what you're trying to say. If you ever have something difficult to say I'd certainly reccommend them.

No comments: