Thursday, May 07, 2009

If You Feel Like Dancing

At times like this, when everything is up in the air and I have no home, no clue, no ground beneath my feet... it is good to know that there are some things that never change. They remain tangent, consistent, impossibly permanent.

Like your bed and the way it wraps itself around you, protecting, consoling, reveling, remembering. Or friends who never really understand how wonderful and dear they are to you. And gigs. The sway of the crowd. The press of bodies. The common love. The comaraderie.

And pizza. And Twilight. And 3am. And brews.

Ooops, now I'm just talking about last night.

Bishop Allen were a lot of fun and I can't express how glad I am that we went (cheers Dan! you may take credit for the idea!). In fact yesterday was just... good. Not explosive or bipolar. Just good, consistently good. We hung with Mark Stevenson, we talked to Vic, we missed friends faraway. We scoped out cute boys (well, I did).
I tried Bubble Tea. Toni tried Bubble Tea. Dan spat out Bubble Tea. We didn't like it. But I shall persist! And the experience itself was lovely. Besides, now I know exactly where Chinatown is.

Maybe next time I'll try the chocolate flavour? Or a fruit tea? I'm so determined to like this, it's really rather petulant.

As for the match, well I've watched the highlights today (and when I say highlights I really mean Drogba and Ballack's laughable- I mean disgraceful behaviour). When I went out the gig to check on the match it was 1-0. Really, can you imagine my delight right now?

I really don't think so.

No comments: