Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Fight Goes On

I'm still in an epic battle against my iTunes playcount. Right now I'm listening to Sigur Ros - a band that everyone really does bum but I do find them occasionally mind-numbingly dull. Still, all in the name of playcount!

I've become slightly addicted to Peep Show in the last couple of weeks. I'd seen the first two series ages ago, but now I'm halfway through the fourth and still loving it. Peep Show is very much a marmite/mighty boosh kind of programme. You either love it or loathe it. And I can understand that. Plus it's so inherently British which I adore. Nope, there'll be no stealing Peep Show and getting Steve Carrell to play Mark in the U.S version!
I watched an episode the other day where Mark goes jogging and in the first few seconds thinks he's really good at it. It was in those moments that I found myself empathising with Mark in a way I never have before. We were one, Mark and I.

I was this close to finishing Carra's autobiography, and then a new book arrived yesterday. It's called 'Evermore' by Alyson Noel and, whilst I don't really want to say this, it's a blatant leap onto the Twilight bandwagon. The truth is, any teen book about Vampires is gonna suffer from comparisons from now on, which is really unfair. 'Evermore' isn't like Twilight, but the lead male is kind of Edward-wannabe. Honestly I can't decide whether I like it or not. But it does kind of suck you in (no pun intended).

The problem is I have so many other books that I need to finish! Not just Carra, but Wicked, Others and Musicophilia. But I just know I'll end up finishing Evermore before any of these. I'm such a sucker for YA.

1 comment:

Chocobo said...

I don't know why the US tries to do that with so many British shows. When they tried it with Coupling I seriously considered stopping watching television at all.