Saturday, March 21, 2009

Veritaserum

Funny isn't it, the way that alcohol can get you talking? Kind of like it oils the the rusty hinges that have kept your mouth clamped shut for so long. And I remember it all, every thing that I happened to say. It was like being locked in a cage and having to watch myself throw away things that I've cradled against my heart for so long.

So now you know. Thats why I don't get drunk. Cause drinking makes me tell the truth

Now skunk, that's a totally different matter. You smoke a spliff and it's just like all your muscles and organs just chill. Especially your brain and your eyes. You're still totally in the driving seat, but you're letting the car idle for once.

Plus it doesn't give you a hangover. Not that I was hungover. The birthday boy sure as hell was. Poor thing. He kept apologising and I'm sure when he's feeling better he'll carry on apologising. That's just Dan for you.

By the way, I'm not advocating drinking or smoking. Just say no kids. Stay clean; it really isn't worth it.

Anyway, I was very honest last night with relative strangers (most of Dan's friends were so nice and welcoming! I feel a special mention must go to Nikki, Anna and Simon who all made a real effort to make me and Vic feel very welcome) so now I probably owe you guys some honesty. I'm in a bit of mourning right now. I am the girl who lost her lucky bracelet, but found a pretty scarf, a lucky penny and a lost fountain pen whilst searching for said bracelet. My trust once lost can often be lost forever. As my beloved Reuben would say, if you hurt me, I will hate you. It's just as simple as that.

I sound like a broken record. I'm even sick of hearing myself talking and thinking and writing about this. Well that's it, your final mention. Fuck the stupid bracelet, I've got a scarf and a penny and a pen. I'm so lucky.

1 comment:

augusta_avenue said...

I know that if you're pissed someone must have really screwed you over. call whenever you need to talk.