Thursday, April 02, 2009

OTAKU!

Otaku (おたく/オタク) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga, and video games.

Tsundere (ツンデレ) is a Japanese word for a character archetype which describes a person with a conceited, spiky, combative personality that suddenly becomes modest and loving when triggered by some sort of cause (such as being alone with someone).

Moe (?, /mo.e/, pronounced "mo-eh" literally "budding", as with a plant) is a Japanese slang word originally referring to fetish or love for characters in video games or anime and manga.

(Moe kinda sounds like Squee!?)


I've been watching this awesome anime, Lucky Star. In anime terms, it's achieved cult-like status and, for once, I can totally understand what all the fuss is about. It's called a 'Slice of Life' anime because nothing really happens, the characters just talk a lot about stuff. But I love it.

(In other news, I got an email from Play.com today telling me that my Twilight DVD had been dispatched. Now I've been told a few times that if you pre-order from Play.com you'll often receive your item the Saturday before it's meant to come out. Could I be about to get my Twilight DVD two days before most of the UK???)

2 comments:

Alee Pally said...

OMG YOU ARE SUCH AN OTAKU KAREN! ha ha ha! still, you are. and early twilight, MOE! i'll be round yours if it arrives before monday!

cath_skinny said...

I pity you. xxx