Thursday, December 11, 2008

Not Even Blog

Why do I feel as though I should apologise for leaving you to your own devices?

Well, lately I've been shirking a whole load of my responsibilities. I've only been to one lecture this week (I have 3 lectures and one tutorial per week). That is so, so bad. And I keep sleeping until 2 in the arvo! And I have a million calls to return! And I'm working all weekend! Argh!

I was sat in class on Thursday when I kind of had a realisation. This past semester at Uni has really shown me that I'm sick of Uni. And so often I wonder why I even started this. When was it ever my dream to go to University? It wasn't. I've only ever had one dream since I was barely 2 ft high. I want to be a writer.

Over the years, this dream has become much more streamlined (probably due to what I've read). I have three stories always in my head. I want to write YA fiction. I want to get a job that will challenge me and inspire me so that my writing might improve.

Its always been the same dream.

But no one has ever told me that I'm a good writer.

The only thing anyone has ever told me I'm good at is History. And somehow now that's basically what I'm doing. And I love History, but its not what I want to do forever.
So yeah. I've been struggling over this. So please, forgive my lackadaisical manner of late.

2 comments:

Chocobo said...

I can definitely sympathize. I've always been a creative person, I enjoy writing and dance and music, and all of my life I've been told that there is no money in art. Apparently since I am good at math and science, I should be an engineer or a scientist. So here I am, one year away from my geology degree and I'm realizing that I don't want to work in that field. I realized that I'm much happier working in retail and working on my arts in my spare time. Of course now that I've been after it for so long, I want the degree. I feel like I can't move on with my life until I finish it.

So, good luck, keep the faith. Hopefully we can both manage to muddle through it and end up better off because of it.

augusta_avenue said...

You look adorable in that picture.

I know you think I can't sympathise with you because Earth Science is what I've always wanted to do. But I do understand.

And Kitten, I think you're a good writer. And I should know, who else is a main character in a future best-selling novel?

You've only six months to go. I know you can make it.