Wednesday, September 03, 2008

If I Was A Flower Growing Wild And Free All I'd Want Is You To Be My Sweet Honey Bee

Blogs are funny things, aren't they? Mine has somehow mutated into my mouthpiece for honesty. Scary. Time to return to my inane life, I think.

I'm trying to keep myself busy. Today has been iTunes day. Now that most of my music has been imported onto Lucia (my darling new laptop), it's time to make PLAYLISTS. I happen to adore playlists and try to have one for every mood. Plus each of my stories have a playlist since music shapes every thing I write. E.g. right now I'm listening to 'Little Bear' by the Guillemots, thus I feel very peaceful and quiet enough so that even birds wouldn't be startled by my presence. That's honestly the only way I can explain it. It's as though Fyfe is singing an infant Princess to sleep. So beautiful.

If you were to had to make a playlist of up to ten songs that were about you, which would you pick? It's a tougher question than you might think. I mean, I have over 4000 beloved songs on my iPod, how could it be considered simple to narrow it down to ten songs that epitomise me?

It's not, is your answer. But I'll try.

Karen's Playlist of Karen

1. 'Life Ain't So Shitty' by Blind Melon - I'm all about reality checks. Things can get pretty bad in life, but I like to think that they can never get that bad. Someone else always has it worse than you. There's at least someone who will always envy you. Be grateful for that.

2. 'Photosynthesis' by Frank Turner - Frank and I are definitely cut from the same cloth. I am so sick of everyone acting as though my life is set in stone from now on. Everyone around me is growing up and fair play to them, but I don't want that. Not yet anyway. Hopefully I'll have the guts to risk it all, just like Frank is.

3. 'Karen' by Reuben (written by VEX RED) - Not just because of the name, but because this song is about a girl who has potential but no self-discipline. She wields power, but feels powerless. She knows who she is, but is too terrified to admit it. I adore this song.

4. 'Freak' by Silverchair - Kind of self-explanatory. Some things just don't change, do they? :)

5. 'Drag' by Placebo - I thought this song used to be about some guy I liked, but now I'm certain it's about someone so much more special than that. Someone close to my heart and the way we've become. Strange, that.

6. 'Twenty One' by Mystery Jets - "The boy don't look a day over twenty-one, but you already feel like half your life is gone, And you're close to the edge but you're hanging on, Well do yourself a favour don't do yourself any harm."

7. 'Bowl of Oranges' by Bright Eyes - There's a lot of me in Bright Eyes. If you ever need to find me, look there. And remember, your eyes must do some rainin' if you're ever gonna grow.

8. 'Cosmopolitan' by Nine Black Alps - The world is cruel and it's criticism is like a knife. It can either stab you through the heart, or you can grab hold of it and use it to carve you into someone better, someone you love enough to not care what anyone else says to you.

9. 'Tea' by Brendan Benson - I really love tea.

10. 'Pistola' by Incubus - In case you didn't know already, this song is my namesake. I am Silverpistola. Because my pen is a Pistola, and I don't need to fear you.

2 comments:

augusta_avenue said...

Cool playlist. Okay, I only have time for five:

1) 'The road leads where it's led' by secret machines

2)'Olmypic airways' by foals

3) 'Love not lies' by bright eyes (obviously)

4)'Changes' by david bowie

5) 'In One Ear' by cage the elephant

Think I could come up with something better, thats just off the top of me head.

VAI2008 said...

2. 'Photosynthesis' by Frank Turner - Frank and I are definitely cut from the same cloth. I am so sick of everyone acting as though my life is set in stone from now on. Everyone around me is growing up and fair play to them, but I don't want that. Not yet anyway. Hopefully I'll have the guts to risk it all, just like Frank is.

I love that song.