Thursday, September 18, 2008

Baking Is A Science

So yesterday was the first magic wednesday and we'd all agreed to have a bash at baking! Now I watch a lot of cooking programmes and I know that baking is not as easy as they make it look. So I was a little apprehensive, to be honest. Skinny and I headed into Tesco armed with ingredients lists and it took us nearly a half hour just to find the damn baking soda! Plus we got rather distracted by Cathcart (whom we met in the kitchenware isle and I just had to know how the exclusive Metallica gig she went to was) and Kirsty (who spotted us and then headed back to Toni's crib to hang with us on her break.

Actually, the baking was a lot of fun. I managed to make some peanut butter cookies which turned out a little bit too crumbly but Rob has polished off my entire tubful in one day so at least someone liked them. Plus Mark made some very delicious Shortbread and Skinny was so very close to making perfect fairy cakes.
And I got a gift!

Toni made me this adorable cosmetics bag which I'm currently using as a case for 'Wicked Lovely' by Melissa Marr to keep it from getting all scuffed up in my backpack tomorrow!

And then today I got my student loan notification! Woo! Its starting to hit home how soon I'll be going back to Uni now and I'm scared and excited!

No comments: