Thursday, June 12, 2008

When Your Mind's Made Up

Manchester was great. Being out all day made this empty house much more bearable for the evening. As much as I enjoy being on my own, I hate it when you've no choice in the matter.

I had a beautiful Pimms and Lemonade. Pimms and Lemonade just tastes like summer to me now. Every season has a taste, a smell, a sight and a song that you associate with it.

Summer

Taste: Pimms and Lemonade

Smell:
Blossoms, the big white ones that converge on the trees
Sight: Seagulls. I love Seagulls.
Song: 'Chaos' by Mutemath

We went to the Art Gallery, which Toni seemed to enjoy immensely. She told me a lot of stories about Greek mythology. I like mythology a lot because everyone's emotions are so extreme. In mythology, there's no such thing as counting to ten, when you get pissed off you just kill someone. Or yourself. They don't do things by half.

I liked the art gallery, but the stroll through downtown Manchester was far more fascinating. Toni took me on a whistle stop tour of retro shops which was a lot of fun. I liked watching the people who walked past us, so bohemian, so dangerous yet beautiful. I dragged Toni into a record exchange and flicked through CDs until the covers blurred into a rainbow.

I finally bought 'Once' from Cex. I absolutely adore this film. It is so simple yet exquisite. It always seems to make me happy when I watch it. Films should make people happy. I hate sad films. Watch Once. Trust me, you will not regret it.



Fye is having a wash outside. I love watching him wash his face. He grabs his loppy ears between two paws and strokes them clean. It's adorable. When I write near the patio windows he always comes and sits nearest to me and we watch each other.

2 comments:

Earth Girl said...

Have you rtied pimms and ginger beer ? Yummy !

augusta_avenue said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, gorgeous! Don't be sad, you'll never be as old as me!