Monday, June 16, 2008

Birthday Girl

I guess it's my twentieth birthday. Happy Birthday to me.
Rob thought it was yesterday. He came down in the morning and kissed my cheek and handed me a card. He was close enough and it was very thoughtful of him.

Twenty is no big deal, so I've done my absolute best not to make a big deal out of this birthday. I think my nineteenth was one of the best days of my whole life :D and I'm grateful enough for that. I'm keeping it low key this year - I just want to see some of my friends. The two things I really want - the Juno poster and the 'Once' soundtrack - I'm not gonna get anyway.

I just hope that Vic hasn't spent too much and Toni hasn't lost too much sleep for the sake of my gift. It's so cheesy, but the only thing I really want from them is to see them today. Vic has even made time in her hectic revision schedule for me, which means more to me than any gift.

I am lucky to have reached my twentieth birthday.
I am lucky to have been blessed with good people in my life.
Right now, I am happy.

I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up. I hate to be disappointed, especially on my birthday, and now there's really no chance of that. Whether everyone turns up tomorrow, or it's just me and Kirsty, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

MarkyBoi said...

Omg my blog kinda was on the same lines at what u were getting at.

I didn't copy lol

Honest!

x