Friday, June 27, 2008

Art Is Subjective

Toni totally stole my blog title, but I will forgive her since she brings me many muffins and she and her hubby give me many lifts.
Last night we went to Markie's art exhibit and I was honestly blown away! It's not that I didn't think Mark was talented, I consider him amongst the elite creative element of our group, but since I'd never really seen much of his work before I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm not very good at articulating my praise, but, put it this way, Mark is pretty damn good.

We saw one of Steph's older brothers there, the one who is the same age as me and Toni. He scares me a little bit not because I'm intimidated by how different he is but because he really is the only truly unpredictable person I know. There was a lot of art linked to Trains which I like because I find motion to be very inspirational.

It was raining cats and dogs. I love being in the car when it's raining. It's like being in a moving cocoon. I think it's the closest I'll ever get to the feeling of being in a submarine.

Oh, and in some excellent news, my two friends Cal and Lou got their degree results today! Cal informed me in a twenty second conversation at half past nine in the morning that he has got his 1st in geoscience and Lou has got a 2.1 in English Literature! Well done guys!!!

1 comment:

augusta_avenue said...

Thanks! I wish you could have gone out with us, but work comes first and all that shite.

You look beautiful with curly hair, by the way. Why the hell did you waste it in gay bars?