Wednesday, August 15, 2007

York

This post is a little late, I know. I've been totally swamped since getting home from York and I'm pretty much swamped for the next 2 weeks. York, it was awesome.

No, really. The best week of this year by far. Going back to York felt like visiting an old close friend, nothing had changed and that's the way I like it. Vic, Ange and myself were the first ones to arrive in York on the Saturday after a fairly uneventful train journey. Thus we had the unenviable task of finding our house. Luckily, a combination of good fortune and a very kind bus driver meant we found it relatively quickly. It was nice, a fair bit smaller than last year, but perfectly adequate.

The week was awesome. Catching up with Ange was great, it felt like we'd never really been apart. It was great having Kyle there too especially since Markie and Dan seemed to get along so well with him. We drank a lot of Pimms, went through more tubes of Pringles than I thought humanly possible, ate burgers three days in a row, revisited the boats and the carousel, fed ducks, tried to learn poker and became addicted to B&J's and Donkey Konga. I finally got an amazing jacket from the surplus and I nearly fainted while we were in the dungeons.

All in all, an eventful week.

No comments: